Flunixin Meglumine Injection USP
MEGLUVET IS A NON-STEROIDAL POTENT AND FAST ACTING ANALGESIC AGENT WITH ANTI-INFLAMMATORY & ANTIPYRETIC ACTIVITY
- Each ml contains
- Flunixin meglumine - IP - 83mg
- Equivalent to Flunixin - 50mg
- Phenol (As preservative) - IP - 0.5%w/v
- Water for injection - IP - q.s
Cattle, Sheep, Goat, Camel, Pigs : To control inflammation & pyrexia associated with mastitis, metritis, pneumonia & Endotoxemia (Septicemia)
Horses : For alleviation of inflammation & pain associated with musculoskeletal disorder. Control of visceral pain associated with colic.
- Cattle, Sheep, Goat: 1 to 2ml MEGLUVET per 45kg body weight.
- (1.1 to 2.2mg Flunixin per kg body weight) given by I/M or I/V injection up to 3-5 days.
- Horse: 1ml MEGLUVET per 45kg body weight
- (1.1mg Flunixin per kg body weight) given by slow I/V injection up to 3-5 days.
- Dogs: 0.5-2.2mg/kg IV once, for surgical Pain, 1ma/kg IV, SC or IM once, subsequent doses 1mg/kg
- Cats: 1mg/kg. IV every 24h
- Camel: 1.1-2.2 mg/kg by slow IV injection or IM every 24 h for three to five days.
- Pig: 1-2mg/kg SC or IV daily 2.2mg/kg. IM at 12H interval (2 injections only) for the treatment of MMA Syndrome. The drug can also be used in zoo animals ie, reptiles, non-human primates.
- Use the drug cautions in animals under six weeks of age.
Withdrawal Period :
Milk: 48hrs, Meat-14 days, for slow IV and IM use only
20ml & 30ml